This week we talk about the basics of the command line and what to look out for. When wanting to work or develope in a Linux/Unix environment there are a command set of concepts that you NEED to konw before you can feel comfortable in Linux/Unix.
Download: Direct Link
Itunes: itunes link
Need To Know
- Shell (bash, sh, cmd.exe, command.com)
- Getting around the file directory is your ABCs
- tip: TAB key, double tap TAB
- Environment Vars (Variables that exist globally for any script on the server)
- .profile, .bash_rc
- $PATH variable (points to folders)
- $PROMPT var
- SSH: host, username, port.
- PROMPT (iOS App)
- Editors: vi, vim, emacs, nano, etc
- Version control: git, mercurial, etc.
- Package Managers
- OS: apt, apt-get, yum, mac_ports
- Languages: npm, easy_install, pecl
cli, command line, linux