EP06 – Getting Started Appcelerator Titanium Mobile
This week we talk about what you need to know about developing with Appcelerator Titanium. We mention useful information for the first time Titanium developer.
Hack of The Week
In light of this weeks topic, Erick talks about one of his first Titanium project. Started out as a fun project to get to know Titanium and ended up being a very useful picture frame.
Need To Know
- Use on both Windows and Mac OSX
- NEED Mac for iOS apps.
- Pros / Cons
- Pro: one code base multi platform
- Pro: JS [lang of the web] – you can start now
- Pro: can be extended to include latest SDK features
- Con: less control on system level things [mem]
- Con: native sdk moves faster than Ti
- Con: only iOS and Android for now [free]
How Do I Use It
- Install native SDK first
- Android is a bit of pain
- Titanium Studio IDE
- New Projects, compiles/debugs
- build for deployment
- separating code into different files (windows)
- commonJS modules [v1.8]
- Extending Titanium with Native Modules
- Ti Frameworks [link below]
- Best Practices [link below]
- More? Vote for it on our website.